Monday, January 4, 2010

Ring out the old, ring in the new

’80s-inspired fashion. Anyone else getting a wee bit tired of it?

You couldn’t look sideways over the Christmas without being blinded by sequins or impaled by pointy shoulder pads. Joan Collins c.1984 would have struggled to compete!

However, all good things must come to an end, or as my wise mammy would put it, “enough is as good as a feast”. And in the same way as I can’t look at a Quality Street without feeling queasy, I’ve had more than my fill of all things 80s.

While I have yet to find an antidote for Quality Street excesses, at least my ‘80s hangover’ has been cured with the long-awaited arrival of the Spring-Summer 2010 collections! Having cast my critical eye over this season’s spread, I’m glad to report that there’s lots to laud and applaud. Best of all, there’s not a sequin in sight!

Stay tuned for more...

Yours in style,
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment