I remember my Debs* with great fondness, for my Debs was pretty much the first time that any of my friends/family/classmates had ever seen me wearing make-up, not to mind all dressed up in a fancy frock! (How things have changed eh!)
*For non-Irish Readers, ‘debs’ is short for Debutantes’ Ball, which is akin to one’s Prom Night in the US.
Fast forward 10 years and I now have the pleasure of sharing in many other debs’ transformations.
If you are heading to your debs over the next few weeks, here are some make-up considerations to bear in mind:
- Fake Tan: Don’t overdue it, no matter how much you are tempted. You do not want to look back at your photos in a few years time and see that you resembled a tangerine. Get it done 2 days before the debs and it will have faded to a lovely natural, even glow by the time the big day arrives.
- Foundation: If wearing fake tan, ensure that you opt for a slightly darker shade of foundation than you would normally. Otherwise there will be a stark contrast between your head and shoulders, especially on camera (flash photography makes your face look whiter).
- Powder: Prevent your face getting shiny by wearing plenty of powder over your foundation.
- Blush: Add a sweep of blush to the apples of your cheeks for a soft, feminine look. Blush also looks great on camera!
- Highighting products: Avoid wearing too many highlighting products as these can make you look shiny, even sweaty (heaven forbid!) on camera!
- Lips: Be sure to bring your lipstick/lipgloss in your bag with you. Avoid wearing lip gloss if you are wearing your hair down.
- False eyelashes: Nothing turns a look from glam to gorgeous quite like some false lashes. My favoutites are the Kimberly Walsh lashes by Eylure (followed by the Nicola Roberts lashes), which really open up the eyes, without looking or feeling heavy. (It’s best to cut them in half, as the full strip can look a little OTT.
Kimberly Walsh lashes for Eylure
Finally, and most importantly, be sure to enjoy every second of your Debs/Prom!
If you would like to find out more about Style By Caroline Make-up service for Debs and other occasions, click here.
Yours in style,
Information contained in this blog post may not be copied or reproduced without permission from Style By Caroline.