Monday, May 31, 2010

Coloured Contact Lenses

I love playing around with my look. Whether it be clothes, hair or make-up, I like to be adventurous and try out different things.

Some ventures are more successful than others (remind me never to lighten my hair again) but often times I’m pleasantly surprised by how a simple change can transform my look.

One of my favourite ways to change my look is by simply wearing coloured contact lenses. My coloured lenses of choice are FreshLook ColorBlends in ‘brown’. As you can see, they make quite a difference:

Before:

Style by Caroline - Blue Eyes

After:

Style by Caroline - Brown Eyes

Granted, the transformation is helped by the fact that (a) the first picture was taken VERY EARLY today so I'm looking a tad pale and bleary-eyed, and (b) I'm wearing truckloads of make-up in the second picture (make-up tutorial to follow), but it's still a heck of a difference eh!

Coloured lenses tend to work better for those with naturally light eyes (grey, blue, green, light hazel); they can look unconvincing on those with brown eyes. Once you get used to them, contact lenses are very easy to insert/remove and are very comfortable to wear; however, it is advisable to get your eyes checked by a qualified Optician first before you go messing with any lenses.

Yours in style,
Caroline

2 comments:

  1. Hell there! These look so wonderful on you! I have naturally light blue-green eyes and have been wondering how the the brown ones blend on "our" eyes and if it's "too obvious". I have purchased the hazel and green ones, which look really pretty, blend very well and look very natural. However, I found the hazel to not be dramatic enough as I have always wanted chocolate brown eyes. How was your experience with them?

    ReplyDelete