Thursday, October 29, 2009

Beautiful Treats in Sequoia Lane (Limerick)

I have been the proud owner of a pair of pink-patterned wellington boots for nigh-on three years now. In the 1000+ days of our courtship, my wellies and I have had great times - concerts, shows, cleaning out sheds...they even featured in a charity calendar at one stage!

Alas, last Saturday, a terrible thing happened. Well two terrible things to be precise. The right welly sprung a leak. And then, to add to my misery, the left one joined in in sympathy. What are the odds!

Anyway, today I decided to go and invest in a pair of 'sensible' wellies (i.e. green or black, and preferably waterproof) so off I headed to Sequoia Lane, http://www.sequoialane.com/, in Limerick City where they stock the famed "Hunter" wellies.

What a beautiful store Sequoia Lane is - packed to the rafters with beautiful, funky interiors, clothes, sweetie treats from Pandora Bell, http://www.pandorabell.ie/, Clodagh McKenna's apron range, http://www.clodaghmckenna.com/, beautiful recipe books and many more lovely things.

And after all my talk of Hunter wellies, I clean forgot about them and instead purchased a selection of handmade cards, two ornate Christmas decorations, and...ahem...some sweet treats for my dogs!

When I went up to the counter, to pay for my goods, I was offered a Sequoia Lane Loyalty Card. (Wait a minute, that's the second time this week!) Their loyalty card scheme is actually very good. You earn a "stamp" for every €25 spent, and after €225 you receive a €15 voucher. Handy in the run-up to Christmas for sure.

As for the wellies, I shall invest in a good pair of Hunters this week and return with a review.

Yours in style,
Caroline


3 comments:

  1. If you want to look good and stand out from the crowd, you need our WedgeWelly boots!

    Our Wellies are guaranteed to give you a height advantage over those flat Wellie wearers, and…………………. the high fashion surface patterns will make you the envy of everyone!!!!

    And if that’s not enough………………. these Wellies will be the most comfortable you will ever put on your feet (so if you’re planning long walks, make sure your feet are well looked after in our slipper inspired WedgeWellys!!).

    Mud never looked so gud!

    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arg, sorry Sarah, I'm still getting the hang of blogging and in the process of trying to edit the above comment I managed to delete it!

    Thank you for your post. Funny that you should mention WedgeWellies as by sheer coincidence I spotted a beautiful selection of them in Serendipity Shoe Boutique in Adare (www.serendipityadare.com) yesterday!

    I'm not sure how well I would manage with them hopping over a 5-bar gate (I'm as awkward as you could imagine!) but they are simply gorgeous, durable and would look fabulous at any outdoor event.

    Now you have me thinking about them again I'm going to pop into Serendipity on Saturday and give them a go.

    Next problem, where to find a stylish outdoor coat...


    Yours in style,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete