Friday, July 9, 2010

Dress for the Rain

Ah hear! Who switched on the rain??

In less than 48 hours, Ireland has gone from sizzling to sozzling.

However, let’s not let the miserable weather rain on our fashion parade. Here are a few fashionable rainsavers that will keep you dry during any sun-shower.

A Waterproof Umbrella: I love these Lollipops Stripy Umbrellas by Bombay Duck (£22.99), available from BrolliesGalore.co.uk:

Bombay Duck Lollipops

A Lightweight Mac: A Mac will protect you from the rain whilst keeping you relatively cool in the warm weather. Oasis have a lovely selection of coats at the moment, including this grey funnel trench which is on sale at £50! Also available in black:

Oasis Grey Trench

Splashy Boots: “Summer” and boots” sound like a strange juxtaposition; however, bear with me. In our precipitous climate, splashy boots are a wardrobe must have. Choose a mid-heel style that is fashionable, comfortable and versatile, like these Adela Hard Wear boots from ASOS (£75):

Adela boots

Light Cotton Scarf: I always carry a light cotton scarf in my handbag. If I forget to bring an umbrella with me, I simply use my scarf as a Hilda Ogden-esque headscarf. If my hair starts to frizz in the rain, I wear the scarf as a bandanna. If I’m getting a little chilly, I wear it around my neck. It can also be used as a belt to jazz up a plain t-shirt or jacket. The possibilities are endless. For example, this Gypset Paisley Print Scarf from Accessorize (£10):

Scarf

Waterproof Mascara: In the time it took me to fill the car with petrol today, I ended up with blurry ‘panda eyes’. Why, you say? Well I was silly enough to stand out in the rain whilst wearing a non-waterproof mascara. Next time I’ll be wiser and wear my trusty Clinique Lash Power Waterproof Mascara:

Cinique lash power

Hope you like these suggestions. Don’t be shy in sharing your fab finds in the comment box below.

Yours in style,
Caroline

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter or via RSS.

No comments:

Post a Comment