Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Di Palomo Dry Oil

Anyone who follows my Facebook page will have seen me mention dry oils (non-greasy body moisturising oils) a couple of times lately – specifically, my quest to track down Roger & Gallet’s NEW Bois D’Orange Huile Sublime, which currently has Irish beauty editors in a spin. Apparently it smells delicious, and is extremely nourishing; however, I’ve yet to track it down, despite it apparently being available in 80 pharmacies throughout Ireland. If you know of any stockists, please do mention them in the comment box below! In the meantime, I’ve ordered a bottle from Amazon and I’ll post a review here when I eventually get to try it out.

Roger and Gallet

The elusive Bois D’Orange Huile Sublime, by Roger & Gallet

Whilst in pursuit of the elusive Bois D’Orange, I happened across a lone bottle of Di Palomo Sensual Dry Oil tucked away in a quiet corner of my local pharmacy.

Di Palomo Dry Oil

Di Palomo Sensual Dry Oil

Previous to this purchase, I had never heard of Di Palomo (and a subsequent Google search leads me to believe that it’s a well-kept secret) but I decided to buy it on a whim on the basis that the packaging looked pretty (this has been my downfall on many occasions) and it was priced at a very reasonable €13.99 for 100ml.

To my utmost surprise, this stuff is lovely!

  • Scent: I’m useless at scents. I couldn’t distinguish a top note from a bottom note, wood from floral, dry from crisp etc. However, the Di Palomo website depicts the fragrance as follows: “Fall in love with this modern oriental fragrance with a powdery amber background. Top notes of bergamot, neroli and cassis with a hint of black pepper and coffee. Middle notes of jasmin, rose and dianthus. Base notes are warm and sensual with a blend of musk, amber and vanilla.” This of course means nothing to me, but you might have better nasal qualities than I! All in all, what matters to me is whether it smells nice, and yes, to me, it does. It’s a gentle scent which smells even nicer after a few hours. *Do bear in mind that fragrance is very much a personal thing so what I like, you might hate.
  • Ingredients: There’s no ingredients list on the bottle, suffice to say that it contains jojoba oil and vitamin E.
  • Wearability: A little spritz of this goes a long way. It dries almost instantly and moisturises beautifully.

All in all, a good success I reckon. I’d be curious to see has anyone else tried (or even heard of) Di Palomo? Likewise, do you use dry oils, and if so, do you have a favourite brand?

Yours in style,
Caroline

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or via RSS.

Information contained in this blog post may not be copied or reproduced without permission from Style By Caroline.

2 comments:

  1. UPDATE: I received an email from Di Palomo today (17/09/10) advising that Di Palomo Sensual Oil is now discontinued. I'm so disappointed! They're sending me on some samples of the new ranges though so I'm looking forward to road-testing them. Reviews to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the Sensual dry Oil by Di Palomo too... it's lovely. Got it in a Garden Centre of all places! :D

    ReplyDelete