Wednesday, October 20, 2010

7 Day Skin Recovery

Like many women, my skin can be a bit contrary. I’m pretty good when it comes to skincare and diet; however, it’s been years since I can honestly say that I’ve had a blemish-free face…until today that is.

I was lucky enough to grab a last-minute holiday in the South of France last week, and upon returning to my home mirror yesterday, I noticed that my face was clear, bright and entirely blemish-free. In the hopes of keeping it that way, I’m going to continue with a few ifestyle changes that I made last week.

  • Double cleanse instead of single-cleanse: I double-cleansed my face every evening with a Dermalogica cleansing oil, followed by my usual cleanser.
  • Muslin cloth instead of a facecloth: Usually I only cleanse once with a facecloth, but I found that a clean muslin cloth works far more efficiently. You can buy a pack of 3 in The Body Shop for around €6.
  • Massage skin with moisturiser: Instead of slapping on my moisturiser in a hurry, I massaged it into my skin for at least 60 seconds.
  • 2 litres of water per day: In Autumn/Winter, I usually only drink 1 litre of water. In the warmer weather, I drank 2+ litres of water a day, which really hydrated my skin.
  • 8 hours sleep: At home, my sleeping patterns can be a bit chaotic. Whilse in France, I got 8 hours sleep every night, and felt all the better for it.
  • Antioxidants & Omega 3: I ate plenty of fresh oily fish and drank loads of fresh fruit juices whilst away. Not only does my skin look better, I feel better too.
  • Sunshine: I really believe that the sun on my skin did it the power of good. In Ireland, I spend a lot of my time indoors and rarely see the sun at it’s highest. Did you know that many Irish people are deficient in Vitamin D (which is the only Vitamin that you can get from the sun)? I’m going to start taking a Vitamin D supplement, which will also help in the absorption of calcium, thus preventing osteoporosis in the future.

The Body Shop Muslin Cloths | Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse Cleansing Oil

Dermalogica Pre-CleanseBody Shop Muslin Cloths

Yours in style,
Caroline

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or via RSS.

Information contained in this blog post may not be copied or reproduced without permission from Style By Caroline.

1 comment:

  1. I also double cleanse my face in the evening. Since the first cleans would be to remove all those dirt that were gathered the entire day.
    The second cleanse would be to heal and sooth the skin. I am using Elite Eye Serum and it has a fast effect in curing and rejuvenating your skin.

    ReplyDelete