Monday, January 10, 2011

Big SS11 Trend - Pajamas

I’ve often said it; the second I scoff at a questionable fashion statement, it’s guaranteed to become fashion’s latest big thing!

Last year I remember turning my nose up at shearling jackets and lo and behold we haven’t been able to move sideways for the past 6 months without being accosted by a woolly fleece.

And now, it seems, my disinclination towards the practice of wearing one’s pajamas outdoors is also in vain, as ‘outdoor indoor wear’ is Spring-Summer 2011’s ubiquitous trend. According to the top trendsters, it seems that this sartorial statement – which began in the aisles of Tesco et al – will dominate the rails this season.

Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang and John Galliano (see SS11 picture below) were all inspired by pajamas this season:

Galliano SS11

Photo credit: Dan & Corina Lecca, featured on HarpersBazaar.com

I’m yet to be convinced of this trend as I’m of the opinion that the only time pajamas should be outside is on a washing line. What do you think? Will you be sporting your pajamas with pride during Summer 2011?

Yours in style,
Caroline

Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or via RSS.

Information contained in this blog post may not be copied or reproduced without permission from Style By Caroline.

No comments:

Post a Comment