Monday, January 10, 2011

Body Shop Eye Make-up Remover

inding a decent eye make-up remover has been something of an elusive quest for me over the years. I’ve tried many, with most either stinging my eyes or leaving half the make-up behind. In the end, more often than not, I tended to use baby oil or Vaseline to remove stubborn eyeliner or mascara.

Whilst hanging around waiting for a flight recently, I happened across the The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make-up Remover tucked away in the corner of the Duty Free. (Note: NOT the waterproof formula – word on the internet is that the waterproof formula stings a bit.) It worked out at about €7 for a 250ml bottle so I figured that I had little to lose by buying it.

I had all to gain as it turns out. This product suited my skin perfectly; extremely cool and soothing, it removes every trace of my eye make-up without stinging my sensitive eyes, and best of all, it doesn’t require half a litre of product and a packet of cotton pads per use either! Rose water is a main ingredient, which leaves my skin feeling fresh, and without any tightness or oiliness that I have experienced with other eye make-up removers. All in all, I’m very happy with it.

Camomile Body Shop

Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make-up Remover

The one disclaimer I will put out is that the above review is based on my own experience of this product. Everyone’s eyes are different so a product that suits me may irritate you, and vice versa – so aways do a patch test before using any new product near your eyes.

Lastly, always use clean cotton pads on each eye to avoid cross contamination.

Yours in style,
Caroline

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or via RSS.

Information contained in this blog post may not be copied or reproduced without permission from Style By Caroline.

1 comment:

  1. its always important to remove those make up at the end of the day. For they can trigger skin irritation and the lost of skin moisture. But you can use Gold Eye Serum in bringing back the essentials to your skin.

    ReplyDelete