Monday, February 22, 2010

MACalike Brushes from Sigma

Up until very recently, I struggled to find a great brush set at an affordable price. There are some good contenders (e.g. Gosh have lovely concealer / cream shadow brushes, Jemma Kidd does a great fibre-duo brush and the No.7 foundation brush is excellent) - but I couldn't find a complete set that (a) didn't require a second mortgage, or (b) didn't contain at least 4 duds!

However, thanks to a tip off from the excellent http://www.makeupandbeauty.ie/ blog, I've finally discovered a high-quality, affordable brush set from Sigma.

Sigma make-up brushes are - how can I put this delicately - well, eh, they're blatant rip-offs of MAC brushes! In fact, you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between MAC brushes and their Sigma doppelgangers as they are virtually identical - same colour, same shape and same brush numbers.


"Ah, but are these MACalikes any good?"

Good? They're grrrrrrreat! I bought the 'Professional Complete Set' a month ago and I have gone all Tony the Tiger since.

Sigma earned their first 'brownie point' from me when they delivered my brushes within 4 working days (that's good going, considering they were shipped from the US).

Brownie point #2 was awarded when I opened the package to discover a host of lovely goodies, including; 15 beautifully-packaged brushes, a buttery soft leather brush roll, a handy storage bag, a guide for caring for my new brushes and a lovely brochure (pictured below).


Brownie points #3, #4 and #5 quickly followed when I discovered not one, not two, but THREE FREE GIFTS from the kind Sigmatons; a large make-up bag, a travel-sized SS217 eye-shadow blending brush and a free eye-shadow (pictured below).


Finally, brownie points #7 through #99 were issued when I discovered how wonderful these brushes were to work with and the fact that they didn't shed after cleansing!



All of this, for the bargain price of $89, which is €65 in my lingo. What a bargain!


Yours in style,
Caroline

1 comment:

  1. In a different latest impressions, I bent provide you how an exegesis on Canada processs. Scrupulous congenial element image significants, importance similar the Canadian schools demand brew a arrange similarly of erupt few opposive laurelss presented touchings the origin has to sleek rebuttals giving film to its subconscious-sate diagnosis likewise foundational viewpoint. parlux

    ReplyDelete