Thursday, February 25, 2010

Parlux 2800 Hairdryer

Clients are always asking me how to achieve the elusive 'salon blowdry' on their hair, without the assistance of a salon:

There are a few crucial ingredients:

  1. A good haircut.
  2. A suitable styling product for your hair type.
  3. A suitable brush (e.g. paddle brush for long hair, round barrel brush for shorter hair).
  4. The manoeuvrability of an Olympic gymnast to control the darned hairdryer.
Whilst 1,2 and 3 are essentials, thankfully no.4 isn't a problem for me any more since the arrival of my new Parlux 2800 Professional Hairdryer.

I bought this dryer on the recommendation of My Lovely Hairdresser and I'm delighted to report that it is as good as she said it would be. Importantly for me, it's lightweight (my thick hair = long drying time = tiredy arms), it channels the heat beautifully (resulting in no pesky flyaway hairs) and it doesn't require a computer programmer to work it.

My only quibble was the hair-raising cost. In fairness, that's not Parlux's fault, rather my local salon supplies store who charged me over €100 for the 2800 dryer...only for me to discover it on the internet later for half the price! The same store quoted me €80 for a set of heated rollers, only for me to buy the exact same ones in Argos for €31. The lesson is to SHOP AROUND and don't get stung for high prices.

Despite paying over the odds, I'm reminded of a wise friend who once said, "I can't afford to buy cheap". As I type, my hair is bouncy, sleek and shiny - and it only took 10 minutes to achieve this look this morning with the Parlux 2800. It's a helluva dryer and would have been a bargain at double the price I paid.


Yours in style,
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment