Monday, November 1, 2010

Bright Eyeshadow

I’m doing an exciting photoshoot next week which involves lots of colour; this is an exciting departure as much of my make-up work tends to involve more traditional colours.

One small problemo though – I need lots of brights and neons for this shoot however I’m reluctant to shell out for my usual MACs etc. as I know I’ll have limited demand from my clients for such brights in the future.

However, quite unexpectedly, I found the solution whilst having a browse in Boots yesterday - this 9-shade “Poptastic” palette from Collection 2000, priced at only €6.99! The colours are perfect for next week’s photoshoot, and even though I expected the quality to be rubbish, I decided to take a chance on the palette as it was so cheap.

Jasmin & Louise Makeup 22.10.10 006Poptastic Collection from Collection 2000

I put the palette throught its paces this evening and I found it to be surprisingly good; the pans are a good size (6g), the quality is seriously impressive (virtually no fallout), the pigmentation (depth of colour) is fairly good too and the colours are easy to blend.

The packet says that the shadows will last up to 8 hours and are crease resistent. This doesn’t impress me hugely as any shadow worth its salt should last all day and evening with little fading and creasing. Nonethesless, I haven’t seen it on long enough to prove this claim right or wrong.

I did two looks this evening using this palette. In both cases, I used a primer and a white eyeliner pencil under the eyeshadow (a white eye pencil helps the colours to ‘pop’).

Look 1: Blue, Green & Grey

Close-up Turquoise Eye ClosedClose-up Turquoise Eye 3b

Look 2: Purple & Yellow

Close up Purple & Yellow

I really like the top look in particular – I used the green on the inner corner, blue in the middle and outer corners, and the dark grey in the crease. This is a look that I will definitely be replicating this weekend, and I think it could be replicated easily using the yellow, purple or pink shadows too!

Enjoy the bank holiday!

Yours in style,
Caroline

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or via RSS.

Information contained in this blog post may not be copied or reproduced without permission from Style By Caroline.

No comments:

Post a Comment