Friday, November 13, 2009

Flora Oil - not just for frying!

I was cleaning my make-up brushes tonight at the kitchen sink and for the umteenth time I despaired at how hard it can be to remove waxy/oily residue such as foundation, concealer and lipstick, even when using a proper make-up brush cleaner...

Then, it hit me. That bottle of Flora Sunflower Oil sitting on the kitchen counter might just solve the problem...

I gently massaged a dollop of the aforementioned oil into each of the affected brushes...and BANG, the dirt was gone. (Sorry Cillit Bang, it's too late on a Friday night to be coming up with my own catchy catch-phrase).

To remove the oil, I cleansed thoroughly with my MAC Brush Cleanser, followed by a rinse of water.

Remember that old adage re. oil and water...yep, it's true, they don't mix! If using oil on your brushes, don't rinse them with water; instead, gently massage the brush with make-up brush cleaner. If you don't you'll be left with greasy brushes.

Now, my brushes are positively gleaming and not a trace of foundation/concealer/lipstick in sight. Plus they are as soft as silk!


Tips when cleansing brushes
  • Clean your brushes regularly (at least every 3rd use).
  • Use a proper brush cleaner (not washing up liquid / shampoo).
  • Use warm water (not hot).
  • Try not to immerse the brush handle in water as it could cause the brush hairs to become loose.
  • Lay the clean brushes on a towel to dry naturally.
  • Store the brushes in a clean, dry place.

Tune in next week for my top make-up brush recommendations (which will make for a great Christmas gift for the make-up junkie in your life).


Yours in style,
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment