Monday, December 7, 2009

Thinking Outside the Box

Whilst larking about on http://www.bobbibrown.co.uk/ earlier, I happened across the brand new Bobbi Brown Black Plum Deluxe Beauty Trunk (pictured right), which has been released just in time for the Christmas market.

Ooh isn't it handsome - all faux leather and chrome and mirrors - it's like something I could happily live in.

Eh, except it costs an arm and a leg...nay, two arms and two legs...and probably a few organs too. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor when I discovered that it is retailling at £350 in the UK (which means that you won't get much change out of €450 here). And the leather isn't even real! Crikey eh.

Now, there's a lot to be said for having a good sturdy make-up case. Not only will it help you to keep your products organised, they're also less likely to get lost or damaged. However, a sturdy make-up case is a hard thing to find. Good quality cases, can cost anything from €200 upwards. In fact, I've seen poor quality make-up cases retailing in salon supply shops with pricetags of €80+!

I don't mind spending money on good products, but €200+ on what is essentially a box seems a bit excessive to me in the current climate.
So, time to think outside the box (if you pardon the pun)!
Enter, B&Q.

I purchased this B&Q Aluminium Storage Case last February for only €33! 10 months later it is still going strong. Costing less than 1/10th of the price of the Bobbi Brown equivilent. It's study, attractive and ideal for storing all my make-up bits and bobs.

Since discovering the merits of B&Q, Ive purchased a fantastic tool-pouch for €12, which is ideal for storing my 40+ make-up brushes and little plastic containers (that I can attached to my make-up brush belt) for storing disposable mascara wands, cotton buds etc.
Not bad eh!
Yours in style,
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment